2nd of February 2014, Israel’s deputy Consular General at Mumbai Mr. Matan Zamir opened a conference in Goa. With Dr. Shalva Weil from Hebrew University as the keynote speaker.
160 delegates attended the conference at Hotel Vivanta by Taj at Panjim. Behind the event was a group of Evangelical Friends of Israel in Goa. The theme was: “The Judeo Christian Heritage of the West Coast of India”.
The speakers at the conference was:
– Mr. Matan Zamir. Deputy Consular General of Israel at Mumbai.
– Dr. Shalva Weil. Hebrew University. She gave a keynote on “Salvaging the Jews of Goa”.
– Mr. Ivar Fjeld. Goa Representative of Norway-India Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
– Mrs. Deepa Thomas, Operation Exodus.
– Rabbi Ezekiel Isaac Malekar, Head of Jewish community New Delhi.
You can watch the keynotes on video, by visiting the conference website.